Laura Bush Scolds Michelle Obama





According to former first lady Laura Bush, first ladies don’t deserve to be paid, she inferred in a wide-ranging interview with C-SPAN called First Ladies: Influence and Image.



The special is schedule to air at 9 PM on Monday, on C-SPAN, C-SPAN 3, and C-SPAN Radio.

“There are plenty of perks, believe me,” she says in the interview, “A chef, that was really great, I miss the chef.”



Bush stated that the more interesting question regarding first ladies is whether they should be able to work at a salary at the job they already had.

“That’s what we’ll have to come to terms with,” Bush says, “Certainly a first gentleman might continue to work at whatever he did.”

She continued on to say, “I think that the American public sees the first lady in very glamorous circumstances…I think what they may not imagine looking at the White House from the outside is that it’s actually a very normal life upstairs…The first lady probably, and I know I did, lays on the couch an reads a book. In my case, my cat would always curl up next to me.”
Previous
Next Post »